GO TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY MORNING
DEVOTIONAL AND BIBLE STUDY
All residents must want to make a change in their lives and live by the house rules. If a person does not follow the rules, it will be assumed she doesn't want to change and will be asked to leave the house. The main purpose is to provide NOT JUST a place to stay but a place to GROW spiritually. Give yourself time to adapt. If you want change, it will be painful but worth it.
Journey's Rest House Rules
1. This is a faith-based house and all residents are expected to go to church every Sunday morning with the administrators.
2. All residents are required to have their own morning devotional but whenever possible, we will pray and do Bible study together. We will have prayer every night (9:00 - 9:30) and everyone is expected to participate. Only exceptions: school activities, work or special events.
3. Do not divulge the location of this house to anyone who has a criminal record, past domestic violence history or anyone using drugs or alcohol. Violation of this rule will result in expulsion.
8. All residents must fulfill any aftercare obligations, probation, parole or court-order.
9. This is not a hotel. House curfew is 9:30 PM on weekdays and 11:00PM on weekends. If working late hours, these will be confirmed with the company or manager where employed.
10. If previous alcohol or substance abuse history, attendance to Celebrate Recovery is mandatory.
4. House keys are not given.
5. All residents are required to work and should start looking for a job within 3 weeks of release.
6. No illegal drugs, alcohol, firearms, or illegal activity will be permitted. Violation of this rule will result in expulsion.
7. No male visitors are permitted in the house. All visits have to be coordinated with the Administrators including those from church or mentors. After the first 30 days, you may stay one night out with relatives on weekends. If you are not back by curfew time, find another place to stay. DON’T make plans for weekends without prior authorization. NOT LAST MINUTE plans. Exceptions will be done depending on circumstances (death & emergencies which will be confirmed first). Violation of this rule will result in expulsion.